Monday, November 8, 2010

A Camping We Will Go

This past weekend was the coldest it has been so far this season. This wouldn't be a bad fact if my husband and I hadn't agreed to take part in our kid's school sponsored camping trip. I'm not much of a camping person. I can count how many times I have gone on one hand. The last time we went camping was many Junes ago in the Florida keys. The heat, the rain, the shell bottom floor...it is by far one of the worst days we have ever experienced as a family unit...however the most memorable one. So I was determined to put all that stuff aside, because its all for the kids anyways right?

We had a fire going.



I'm not going to lie, there were some brutal times, especially when it came to sleeping, but overall we walked away with some great memories. We are already planning another weekend away after Thanksgiving. Our family set up camp right in front of some pet goats, so I easily imagined myself camping in the French countryside. Salut petit chèvre ..





 I am really cozy here.


I brought my bird book and guide but sadly didn't do any hiking. I caught two cranes on Saturday and an eagle Sunday morning. That was it for this bird nerd.

Anyways, Monday's are officially catch up time for me. So we will talk together au demain

2 comments:

Hannah Braden said...

I saw an eagle sunday morning too! Such a great trip.. can't wait to go again :)

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

When I saw the goat I was like, AWWWWW. Then I saw you in your snuggly hat and was like, "bitch got a cute hat!".

The two are unrelated, but relevant, no?

Kick me in the blogger pants!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails