Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tunage Thursdays - Happy Earth Day

Throw back to my youth - Peter Max Earth Day poster @ Posters57


Happy Earth Day! Forty years young! I remember as a child understanding the importance of this day and now here we are, stronger then ever. I have noticed such a change even within my circle of life; people are more aware of how their carbon footprint makes a difference, cognizant of how their food is made,  and attentive to so much more around them. It's hard not to be inspired.

I watched this back in December because some close friends of mine are involved in this project. Anytime I hear this classic Bob Dylan song, I am reminded of how simple and compelling the message is. The video features kids from a local high school riding their bicycles to school, reclaiming the road and their power. Orlando is notorious for having the worst bike and pedestrian safety record and these kids gave me hope that the younger generation will be able to fend for themselves.  

I hope that you can be inspired today my friends. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children (Native American proverb)

xox 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails