Monday, January 25, 2010

What do you do with your old concert tickets?

If you are like me, you may have an envelope or a scrapbook where you keep your old concert tickets. I started going to shows on my own accord at about 14 and over those years have collected a lot of tickets. I would never dream of throwing that little piece of history away. If given the choice, I rarely opt to print out tickets for shows at home, but instead wait for them to be mailed to me and even go to the venues box office to pick up tickets if given the chance. Each ticket holds a piece of my heart, a memory that won't disappear, and a song that is hummed without second thought...

I decided it was time to do something with the 15+ years of tickets I had been hoarding. Did I want to put them in a scrapbook? Not really, since then they would be put on a shelf to be brought down to tell my children and my grandchildren about how awesome it was to see David Bowie in 1997. So when I saw that my local craft store had some canvases on sale, I decided to use some Mod Podge and paste them up on there, add a little paint, and rock on!


Who do we have in there? Dylan, nine different Tori Amos shows, and a very drugged out Hole



So what do you guys do with your concert tickets? Are they in a box under the bed? Or do you *gasp* throw them away? Every time a concert ticket is thrown away an inspiration for a song disappears

Disclaimer: All craft projects that are done on this site by me are very organic. No fancy lighting, photo editing, no big productions...just the camera on my iphone....and some wine

3 comments:

dianajeanne said...

Fabulous idea Paula, I know that I have some somewhere, probably in the pre-wedding memory box I just shelved in my office. I will probably scrapbook mine in a memory book of that time... when I get around to it.... I have a ton of photos from back then as well.

Hannah Braden said...

I haven't saved all of mine, but I have some from the passed couple years...they are on a memo board I made out of an old cabinet door frame that I found...

Anonymous said...

Great idea! It always feels so good to find a better purpose for something than just sitting in a box.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails