Monday, March 15, 2010

Lake Ivanhoe

Dubbed Antique Row of Orlando. Went out and enjoyed a beautiful day and stopped into some local business places. I snapped a few shots but didn't document the whole day. We did a lot!

Stopped at 1618 aka Something Different furniture store, a great source for mid-century and retro style furniture. We grabbed a very cool black globe circa the mid 70s. I had to snap a pic of this tree positioned between these two buildings. He isn't going anywhere....



We then went down to Washburn Imports. The place to go for your exotic furniture pieces. Everything in there was stunning and I easily could have seen myself resting in one of their beautiful hand carved beds.  


More importantly, they had the beginnings of one of the most beautiful bars I have ever seen. You can imagine how sad I was when I asked for a beer and they told me that they couldn't give it to me yet. They are still waiting on the official go from the city. This picture doesn't do it any justice.


After we grabbed some lunch at The Caboose (407.898.7733, 1827 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32804). It is pretty much a corner type sports bar. We had the itialian sub, it was decent. They didn't have many choices on tap (Bud, Bud light, and Shock Top). 

We did stop by this new vegan market, Artichoke Red. They had a pretty decent selection of items. It was good if you just had to pick up something, but you certainly couldn't do a full weekly trip there. It was also very small. The cashier reminded me of the new Vegan Bakery Raphsodic Cooperative Company, which we went and stopped by too. We tried the brownies and kitchen sink cookies. Yum!

All in all, it was a beautiful day, and we were just happy to be around walking outside. I barely scratched the surface. There is so much more to see and do there. It makes me so happy to live where I do. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula,
Thank you so much for blogging about our store and the soon to be Imperial (the wine and beer bar in the middle of our store). We are hoping to be open for business very soon, maybe a week or two out.. I will definitely let you know when we are ready to go, oh and you should check out our Sanford location, we are thinking of opening a coffee shop in our store.
Thanks again and by the way your blog is great..
Paul

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paula!

Artichoke Red

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails