Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Decoupaging Furniture: Papillon



I finally finished my first decoupaged piece of furniture. I started the project last month at the craft brunch I held at my house. The weather ended up getting too cold to bring it out and finish veneering it, so its been sitting in the middle of my bedroom waiting.

I had a lot of fun doing this. It has imperfections in it so I know there is room for me to improve, but for my first try, I am very happy with it. The drawers were black already so I touched them up with a little more black paint. Then I used some mod podge to paste my butterflies onto the wood. I ended up doing a few coats to make sure it would stay on, and I ended up applying mod podge over the whole thing so the finish blended.



I made custom drawer liners out of scrapbooking paper and repainted the knobs turquoise. Lastly, I applied two coats of spray veneer onto it made sure it dried well. I love how it came out. This is certainly a project I will do again. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! Great work madame creativity.
Andrea

dianajeanne said...

it came out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Very cute.:) Thanks so much for following:) xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails