Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Request: Air Plants

This post is by request from a friend. I'm pretty fortunate to have air plants fall into my yard from our huge oak tree in the front. They may not be the "fancy" kind, but they are still just as nice. I started collecting them a few weeks ago and have been looking for ways to decorate with them. 














Air plants are great for adding some color and nature to your house setting. They grow differently from your typical house plant because they don't need much water or attention, or soil. As with any tropical type plant, you need to protect them from frost and give them bright, filtered light.

If you decide to display them inside and the air is dry, you will need to submerge the plant in water for an hour or so every couple of weeks. If the location is more shaded, you can mist them a few times a month.

If anybody else has a topic request, please don't hesitate to contact me at ruedevampATgmailDOTcom


All images via Apartment Therapy

3 comments:

Mariss said...

Ooh! I love airplants. I grabbed one at my mom's house while on a walk, but forgot it in Florida ;)

Have you seen the awesome air plant houses by My House Party? Super cool!
http://www.myhouseparty.net/

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

Don't give me false hope that I can keep a plant alive. It's not fair to mother nature.

ashatout,
steph

ps-that was my word ver.

Stephanie said...

Hello! I am glad I took a look at your blog. Your decoration ideas for air plants are super perfect and creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails